Monday, May 30, 2011

Questions 1

There are over 3,100 questions in the Bible.

Here are twenty or so of the striking / pivotal questions out of the 140+ in the Book of Genesis.

Ge 3:1: “Did God actually say, ‘You shall not eat of any tree in the garden’?”

Ge 3:9: But the Lord God called to the man and said to him, “Where are you?”

Ge 3:11: He said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten of the tree of which I commanded you not to eat?”

Ge 3:13: Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this that you have done?”

Ge 4:6: The Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen?

Ge 4:9: Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know; am I my brother’s keeper?”

Ge 4:10: And the Lord said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood is crying to me from the ground.

Ge 13:9: Is not the whole land before you? Separate yourself from me. If you take the left hand, then I will go to the right, or if you take the right hand, then I will go to the left.”

Ge 15:8: But he said, “O Lord God, how am I to know that I shall possess it?”

Ge 16:8: And he said, “Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from and where are you going?” She said, “I am fleeing from my mistress Sarai.”

Ge 18:14: Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.”

Ge 18:17-18: The Lord said, “Shall I hide from Abraham what I am about to do, seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?

Ge 18:25: Far be it from you to do such a thing, to put the righteous to death with the wicked, so that the righteous fare as the wicked! Far be that from you! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?”

Ge 21:17: And God heard the voice of the boy, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What troubles you, Hagar? Fear not, for God has heard the voice of the boy where he is.

Ge 22:7: And Isaac said to his father Abraham, “My father!” And he said, “Here am I, my son.” He said, “Behold, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?”

Ge 24:31: He said, “Come in, O blessed of the Lord. Why do you stand outside? For I have prepared the house and a place for the camels.”

Ge 24:58: And they called Rebekah and said to her, “Will you go with this man?” She said, “I will go.”

Ge 25:32: Esau said, “I am about to die; of what use is a birthright to me?”

Ge 27:36: Esau said, “Is he not rightly named Jacob? For he has cheated me these two times. He took away my birthright, and behold, now he has taken away my blessing.” Then he said, “Have you not reserved a blessing for me?”

Ge 37:8: His brothers said to him, “Are you indeed to reign over us? Or are you indeed to rule over us?” So they hated him even more for his dreams and for his words.

Ge 39:9: How then can I do this great wickedness and sin against God?”

Ge 41:38: And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find a man like this, in whom is the Spirit of God?”

Ge 50:19: But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God?